Tuesday, June 15, 2010

10 Weeks:

Today, I am 11w3d.

All of my tests have come back with great results. Dr. H is very pleased with my sugars and my tests so far. I got to see Baby B briefly last Friday (10w6d) for a quick heart check ultrasound. Dr. H found him abdominally after a little (painful!) digging, which is a good sign for a fat lady. I was afraid she wouldn't be able to see him and I would have to do another transvag ultrasound. (which isn't bad, it's just more convenient for me to not have to disrobe, lol).

She had a straight on view of Baby B, so I saw his big, fat head, body, and arms and legs. She had a much easier time distinguishing the fluttering heart than I did - I stared intently into the space where I'm sure his heart should have been, but did NOT see anything moving for the life of me. It was truly a "Rachel" moment from Friends. Dr. H kept asking me if I saw it, and eventually I just had to lie and say, in my most convincing voice, "Oh! Yeah! I see it now!", but of course, I didn't. If she saw it, I'm happy. She's the one who knows what she's looking at. I was able to make out the head, body, arms and legs, and that's good enough for me. He definitely looks more like a baby and less like an alligator now! Woot!

After she had confirmed that the little guy (yes, I'll concede, or girl) had a healthy heart beat, she just held the US still for a minute, and we just sat there and watched him (or her) floating there. After a few seconds, Baby B jerked upward as if he had the hiccups or someone startled him! It was as if he was saying, "Hey! You up there! Quit poking me!"

It was such a neat thing to see - for one, it looks more like a real baby now, instead of the Cell Blob we saw at 6w6d, and two, it's a living, moving thing in there! So cool! (And scary!)

This Friday (11w6d) I have my First Trimester Screening - a big, fat blood test and an in-depth ultrasound that help to screen Baby B for his risk of genetic defects. Scary stuff! I'm hopeful and mostly confident that everything will turn out fine, but you just never know. I am, however, super excited to get to see Baby B again, and for longer than just a minute or so! Hopefully we'll get some more pictures to share with you all.

Symptom-wise, I'm incredibly lucky to not have had any morning sickness as of yet. Still feeling extremely fatigued and experiencing some muscle weakness. Heartburn is not nearly as bad as it had been - I now only get it a couple times a week when I lay down to go to bed. Boobs are bigger (will they ever stop growing?!?!?), and much more tender. Belly is bloaty and growing (it seems) as we speak. I think that's about it.

Today marks 200 days until my due date, and I'm only 11 days away from the Second Trimester! We're also only a little over 8 weeks from finding out fo' sho' if we're Team Blue or Team Pink. Keep blue thoughts, y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment