Very little to report, but I'll update anyway.
I went back in on Monday for my "Nurse Check". Even though they were only interested in my BP, I still had to do weight and a urine sample, so she checked my BP, which was still slightly elevated (for me) but well within the "normal range". Then she checked my weight and saw that I had supposedly gained 5 pounds in one week, which I know isn't true, since my weight fluctuates a lot anyway, and this appointment was after lunch. And then she told me to go in to the restroom and do my urine sample. Here's where things get interesting.
I walked into the restroom, sat down, peed, and just as I was finishing up, I thought "Oh, shit!". I forgot to actually do the sampling part of the urine sample. I knew the reason I was going into that room, and somehow in the 5 seconds it took me to go in and sit down, I forgot! Pregnancy brain strikes again! LOL. I walked out of the restroom, where, luckily only my nurse was waiting outside and said "Kaaaaaate? Pregnancy brain!" And she looked at me sympathetically and said, "Did you forget? It happens all the time."
I guess the perinatologist's office is used to women dealing with pregnancy brain. Good thing!
At any rate, they aren't concerned about my BP or my supposed weight gain, and I go back in FIVE WHOLE DAYS for the anatomy scan and hopefully the big reveal!
It feels like my uterus is getting bigger every day, and that's probably because it is! What a strange feeling for a fat girl to actually feel hard muscles in her stomach! I can honestly say I've never felt anything like that before...
So, back in 5 days with news, hopefully!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment