Monday, August 2, 2010

18w2d

Had my 5 month doctor's appointment today, where nothing much happened. My blood pressure was high (for me) so they re-tested about 5 minutes later and it was back to normal, but the doctor insists that I come all the way back down to Good Sam in a week to have them check it again. Ugh. Annoying, but whatever we have to do for the baby, right?

I told this doctor (the, what 5th doctor I've seen at the practice?) about my sweat gland issue and the allergic reaction to the antibiotic, so she noted those things in my chart. She basically told me to keep a good eye on my blood sugars as that may help me keep the issue from flaring up again. She was very glad I mentioned the allergy to her so that she could mark it in my chart for the future, and I learned that just being pregnant cannot cause you to have an allergic reaction to a medication you would not normally have a reaction to. So basically, I would be allergic to Duricef whether I were pregnant or not.

She found kiddo's heartbeat using the abdominal doppler, which is the first time at the office that they've been able to do it without an ultrasound. Kiddo's heart was beating at a happy 154 bpm, which is great.

The doctor said that even though my placenta is anterior, she'd be surprised if I wasn't actually feeling the flutters right now. I feel stuff like bubbles or flutters, but I'm not thoroughly convinced they are actually the kiddo. While she was listening to the heartbeat, she noted about 3 or 4 times that the kid moved, and I wasn't feeling anything when she pointed that out to me, so who knows? When I start feeling him/her throwin' elbows, then I'll be impressed.

So, anyway, I go back in 1 week for my blood pressure check, 2 weeks for the Anatomy ultrasound, and 4 weeks for my 6 month appointment. Also, sometime in there I need to schedule the Fetal Echocardiogram for the bambino, too.

Looks like my dance card is pretty full this month.

In other news, The Hubs and I visited with my Dad and Step-Mom yesterday, which was nice. My Step-Mom bought us some great baby-to-be gifts -- I got  a really nice pregnancy journal, The Hubs got a huge bag of his favorite candies, and baby-to-be got a really cute Winnie the Pooh blankie. It was nice to get a few thoughtful gifts!

I guess that's all for now. I'll update after the big ultrasound in 2 weeks, maybe sooner if you're lucky. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment