Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ch, ch, changes...

17w5d.

After an excruciating 2 weeks, it looks like the Infected Sweat Gland Debacle of 2010 has subsided. For now. To spare you some of the more gruesome details, suffice it to say that what I had previously thought was Mt. Everest proportions was merely an ant hill. Mt. Everest appeared by Friday and Saturday of last week. After many, many hot baths and a husband who should be on the short track to Sainthood, Sunday night I was (mostly) free from pain. Luckily, over the past 3-4 days, the swelling has gone down, the pus (eww, I hate that word) has not returned, and it seems, knockonwood, that I'm through this rough patch for the time being. I'm choosing not to dwell on the possibility that later it will all come back with a vengeance.
__________

I'm noticing some changes around these parts. Changes that you would have to have been in my body for the past 28 years to even pick up on, but at least I know they're there. You can now feel my uterus in the lower part of my belly if you push in a bit - it feels hard and muscle-y, exactly like you would expect a big, round, hard muscle to feel. When I go to bed at night, I've noticed that sleeping on my stomach is not the most comfortable thing in the world. It's hard to explain, but it feels like I'm trying to sleep on a really hard pillow and it's pushing into the other organs in there. It sucks, though, because I'm a HUGE stomach sleeper. I end up rolling around the bed ALL NIGHT in an attempt to find a comfy position.

I can also see that my belly is changing shape. It looks nothing like I'm pregnant yet, but I can tell that things are getting pushed around and displaced. Maybe another month or so, and it will start stretching and rounding out? Who knows.

Symptom-wise, I'm starting to fall back into the no-man's-land area. I'm trying to remind myself that I'm not miserable anymore, which is hard to do when I was SO very miserable for several weeks. As long as the ISG's stay away, I currently have very little to complain about! Let's keep it that way, body. Mmmkay?

My Mom, who knew about the whole ISG miserableness, sent me a surprise package in the mail this week! It included three adorable newborn outfits and a set of Foot Rattles and a sweet note about how she knew I was not having the best time and that she hoped the gifts would make me feel better. And they sure did! I love getting packages in the mail! lol.

I have my next montly perinatologist appointment on Monday, so we'll see how that goes. I'm slightly anxious to make sure that the infection I had didn't affect the baby in any way. I'm hoping that he or she is doing just fine in there and was oblivious to what was going on in my nether regions. I have a lot of questions to ask the doc, and I just now thought about the fact that I should be scheduling a hospital visit and birthing classes at some point, too. Hmm...wonder when I should be doing that? Guess I should do some research, huh?

After that appointment, there's the little matter of the much-anticipated anatomy ultrasound on the 16th. Logan or Leah, kid? Are you a Logan or a Leah?! Who ever you are, please don't be shy. Be nice to mommy and don't make her crazy, okay?

And I guess that's all for now. :)

4 comments:

  1. aw... how exciting that you'll know soon! are you hoping for a logan or a leah? (yea i know "as long as it is healthy" but we're your bloggy friends... what are you really hoping for? ;) )

    - Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, yeah, yeah, to all that "as long as it's healthy" crap. I never say that to people, I always straight up say that we're hoping for a boy, and then I always get chided. "Well, you MEAN, you'll be happy as long as it's healthy, right?" No. I will LOVE it whether it's a boy OR a girl. I'll be HAPPY if it's a boy. If that makes me a horrible parent, then at least I'll know early. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha no worries! I feel like I'd hope for a boy too. Boys seem SO much easier to raise. No little britney posters and baby thongs! But I'm sure once you have him (or her) you'll feel like it never could've been anything other than what it is!

    ReplyDelete