Saturday, September 11, 2010

24w0d - V Day!

Logan has officially made it to Viability Day! (The day where he is expected to be able to survive outside the womb with extensive medical intervention). It's a great feeling to know that if (Jeebus forbid) he should decide to make his entrance early, he has a really good chance of surviving and growing up to be a healthy boy.

Of course, I'd much prefer not to meet my son for another 13 weeks or so.

As far as Mr. Man goes, I'm feeling him move and groove every day. Still nothing very strong, but he's definitely letting me know that he's having a good time in the oven.

We tried for the fetal echo on Thursday, but Stinker Butt was being slightly uncooperative. The little wiggle worm just can't sit still, and the tech and my doctor both were unable to get good pictures of what they needed. So, unfortunately, we have to reschedule (yep, add another doctor's visit to the list) for 28 weeks. Oh, and of course I can't have it done on the same day that week as my regular 28 week ultrasound. So, that makes 3 trips to the hospital that week. Woo. Stinker Butt, you're a PITA, but Mommy loves you anyway. ;-)

Thursday night, we had our Maternity Tour of the hospital we'll deliver at. It definitely made me realize that I will actually be going there and having a child. At one point, our group was standing in a hallway on the labor and delivery floor (which was really cute, actually, 8 big pregnant ladies and their SOs all standing around in a big group) when a nurse came flying through pushing a very pregnant woman in a wheelchair who was clearly not a happy camper, her husband trotting behind them carrying the bags and his wife's purse.

Talk about a wake-up call. I'm sure she loved being paraded through the group of still-happily

(Blogger ate the last half of my post and I'm in absolutely no mood to retype all that crap right now, so here you go. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment