Amazingly enough, Mr. Man was being cooperative this time - it was Mommy who wasn't being too helpful. TMI warning - I was super gassy - I could feel the bubbles moving around as she moved the wand. Luckily, I managed to hold everything in while I was in there, but all the gas was making it hard for the tech to see very well.
Somehow, she managed to get some great pictures of Mr. Man's 2000 parts, and she was VERY patient and willing to point everything out to me. I learned today that he does, indeed, have a 3 vessel umbilical cord (good news) and that the blood flow and attachments from the umbilical chord to both the placenta and to Mr. Man were "very pretty", as she called them.
I saw all 4 fingers and a thumb on both hands, saw both legs and feeties, saw a ton of views of the 4 chambers of his heart, his spine, and his cerebellum. Nose, lips, and eye sockets all looked great, too!
As far as measurements go, he's measuring at 25w4d, or 1w2d ahead, so we're still good with that. He hasn't grown into a gigantic diabetic baby yet! His weight was estimated at 1lb. 11 oz. plus or minus 4 oz. That's a gain of 14 ounces in 4 weeks, which is pretty on target. Oh, and at both last Thursday's fetal echo and today's E4W US, he was head down. Stay there, little buddy! No flips for you!
Wanna see some pictures of my wiggle worm?
![]() |
| Mid-yawn |
![]() |
| Looking like a peanut head |
So now, my next appointment is at the end of the month for my regular check up, and then shortly after that we're in the 3rd Trimester and starting my twice weekly NSTs. Woo fun!





No comments:
Post a Comment