So...today was the (first) big day! Ultrasound and first "real" doctor's visit!
The technician did a transvaginal ultrasound on me, and I'm not even kidding you - that little wand wasn't in for more than 2 seconds before she said "Yep, there's your baby and it's heartbeat!" I was incredibly worried that I would be unable to see anything, a la Rachel on Friends, but she slowed down and zoomed in and Jack and I were both able to make out the Yolk Sac and the little baby blob. We were even able to see his little heart flickering! It was such a cool experience!
This picture shows Little B in all his blobby glory.
This picture is when she was measuring his heartbeat. Going strong at 139 bpm!
And this one was his Crown to Rump measurement, which is how they tell exactly how far along I am.
Surprise, surprise, I'm only 6w6d today. Apparently my ovaries were all kinds of screwed up! My new due date is 01/01/11. New Year's Day. On one hand, I'm a little bummed that I just lost one week of completed pregnancy, but on the other hand, this makes much more sense as to why I kept getting negative pregnancy tests.
All that matters is that Little B is doing great so far, and all my tests have come back with good results so far. We're on the way!
Think blue!






No comments:
Post a Comment