Week 7 symptoms included:
- extreme fatigue
- muscle pain
- my first cravings - one for beef and one for ice cream (not at the same time, thank geebus)
- slight crampiness
- headaches
We told all 3 sets of parents the good news over Mother's Day weekend. First was my dad and step-mom. She was absolutely thrilled, he was 'eh', but that's just kind of how my dad is, so it was expected. It was also rough because I had to tell them that I'm diabetic. I've known for a while but haven't told them because my dad is basically dying from the disease and I didn't want to make him worry, but now that I'm a high-risk pregnant woman, I figured he needed to know. He took the news better than I thought he would, and he didn't seem too overly concerned about it, which makes me feel better.
The next night, we told The Hubs' parents. His mom was excited - she kept coming back to the topic throughout the night, no matter what we were talking about. His dad was excited, but then turned kind of silent and brooding. I'm not sure if it's just that he doesn't show emotions, or if it's that he's very worried about my health and (in turn) the baby's health, or what. It was slightly disappointing when he wasn't as excited as I thought he would be.
On Mother's Day, we told my mom, step-dad, and little brothers (14 and 15 yo). My mom had, by far, the best reaction of all of them. She stood up, ran over to me, hugged me and cried for about 5 minutes. She was very excited, to say the least. My step-dad and brothers were excited too, but my brothers agree that we are only "allowed" to have a boy. The three nieces they have are enough girls for their taste.
After my mom found out, we posted the big Facebook post, which officially makes it known to the world. It's a big relief to not have to hold it in anymore, but it's also a big responsibility if something goes wrong to have to break that news to everyone I know. We're just going to stick to being eternally optimistic and not worry about those things.
All in all, week 7 was pretty uneventful. I did my 24 hour urine test - collecting your pee in a jug for 24 hours, refridgerating it, and carting it to a lab to be tested...let me tell you how much fun that is. I also got the bloodwork done for the liver/kidney testing they wanted to do (don't know the results yet), and did the EKG. The EKG lady said that it looked "very good" but didn't expound on it, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I have my very first ultrasound and "real" doctor's visit. I'll update after.
Think blue!



No comments:
Post a Comment