Friday, March 19, 2010

Not this time.

Oh, dear period. Thank you so much for thoughtfully surprising me with your arrival on day 25 (now Day 1) of my cycle.

On the plus side, no babies yet. On the negative side, no babies yet.

It was my first post-birth control cycle, so I know it had every chance of being a strange one. But I was really hoping that I would come out with 28 day cycles straight out of the gate. A 24 day cycle is frustrating, but at the same time, now I have one whole cycle under my belt and something to compare the next one to. We shall just have to (ugh) wait and see, I guess.

On another note: I got to see the lovely baby Bri last night! Tonja was allowed to escort The BFF and I one at a time back to the NICU to visit with her. She was wide awake for my whole visit, and sucking on the worlds largest pacifier. (Seriously, NICU, you can't provide preemie-sized pacifiers? It looked like it was swallowing her head whole!) She has a great head of strawberry blonde hair and the longest feet I've ever seen on a baby in my life. Not bad for 6 weeks early, kiddo! Not bad at all.

Tonja's doing well. I think she's just super excited to not be on bed rest or leaking amniotic fluid anymore. She gets to finally go home today (she's been in the hospital since March 10th), but Bri won't be joining them at home until she can get the feeding down and regulate her own body temperature. Everyone is hoping that Bri makes it home VERY soon.

Visiting Tonja and Bri definitely caused a flutter in my ovaries. Let's get this show on the road! (Patience has never been a strong point of mine. Luckily, The Hubs is used to it by now).

No comments:

Post a Comment