Let me start off by saying, oh, my poor husband. I feel for him. More than he'll ever know.
I feel for him when I call him on my way home from work all happy, and then the minute I find out he doesn't know how to program the VCR to record Dancing With The Stars, it's crickets. I'm silent and brooding. Over Dancing With The frickin' Stars, people.
I feel for him when we're in the car, driving home from a family dinner and I suddenly explode because the heat is turned up to "3". THREE! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M SUFFOCATING HERE?! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HIGH?!
I feel for him when, in that same car ride, not five minutes later, I've got my head against the head rest, staring at the ceiling, crying my eyes out. Why, you ask? That's a reasonable question, and I'm sure my husband was wondering the exact same thing. And the answer is: I DON'T FRICKING KNOW, OKAY?!
See? Now I bet you feel for my husband, too.
The one thing I do know is this: all of that stuff happened on the same day. Within just a couple of hours. Happy one minute, pissed the next. Happy one minute, crying the next. But you know what my husband did? He put his hand on my leg and drove. He comforted a crazy person. He wanted to let me know that it would be okay, even though I'm sure he's not quite sure of that himself. And that right there, is one of the MANY reasons that I love the man.
Seriously, though, what is UP with these mood swings?! I can't do this, and my husband shouldn't have to either. I really hope this all evens out as we go along. At least when I get pregnant, I'll have an excuse. Right now, I just look crazy! Ugh!
Help!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I have moments where I freak out on my husband as well and he takes it like a champ! I think when they said "I do," they agreed to deal with our hormones!!!
ReplyDeleteI look at it from my perspective, too. There are times when he isn't Mr. Cheery himself and I have to deal with that then!!!
Hang in there...it's probably your body still adjusting to not having BCP in its system!
I do it all the time too. Last night hubbs came up and I was doing homework with a glass of wine and he freeked out about the wine...I just yelled "It's ok there's no baby in there" and then continued to be a crabby ass all night long. Now I feel kinda bad.
ReplyDeleteI don't think my hubbs got the wacky mood swings until my mom pulled him aside one day and explained...I think he needed someone "outside" to tell him. so you're one step ahead of us!
and I promise it gets better.