- I have to collect my pee in a jug for a 24 hour period and then deliver it to a lab.
- I have to get more blood work done to see the status of my liver and kidneys.
- I have to have an EKG done to see if my heart's okay.
- I'm supposed to have two eye exams during my pregnancy, even though I just had one done 6 months ago.
- I have to record and report every food I eat every single day for my doctors.
- I have to record and report my blood sugar levels four times a day for my doctors.
- (These two things I have to fax to my doctor's office weekly).
- I have to give myself an insulin shot 3 times daily, consisting of two different types of insulin.
- In my third trimester, I will be having 3 (count 'em, THREE) doctor's appointments per week.
- One month of insulin and syringes costs me $146.
- I have an initial ultrasound and doctor's appointment at 8 weeks (on May 14th).
- Having Diabetes sucks the world's largest donkey balls. (Okay, so maybe I knew that before today, but today surely solidified my opinion on the subject.)
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Overwhelmed. (AKA "The Joys of Having a High Risk Pregnancy")
Things I learned today:
Labels:
diabetes,
first trimester,
pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I don't know what to say... except I love you. And you are right... that sucks.
ReplyDelete